Follow Me

Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Work

Happy Monday Peeps!  The weekend was somewhat productive for me.  My parents came to Raleigh on Saturday, and my mom shopped my stash for supplies for Sew South.  I am so excited about this conference and it's only a few weeks away.  We needed to make a fabric store run to get some additional supplies, so we ventured to Hancock's.  We both needed to buy fabric to make the pajama pants we'll be making at Sew South.  I picked out some madras plaid cotton fabric and mom picked out some cute cotton knit.  Well, until she saw the price!  It was $13/yd!  Not on sale!  So she went back and grabbed a bolt of the madras, as it was on sale for $7/yd.  I knew cotton had gotten expensive . . .

I also got some sewing time in.  I made this journal cover for me.  It is from a tutorial by Stitched In Color.  My first one and I had a good time with improvisational piecing.  Loved how the "Sew" scrap ended up in just the right place!
Scrappy journal cover

I also made these baby bibs for the baby shower I am going to Sunday.  These turned out so cute!  I was inspired to make these when I saw a $7 appliqué at Joann's.  I knew I could achieve the same look with sewing supplies I had at home.  I'm very pleased with how these turned out!  I've already had requests to make these!  Winner!
Tie baby bibs
The fabric fairy came too!  I ordered a bunch of fabric from Sew Mama Sew as they were having a big ole $6 sale!  Scored some awesomeness!


I'm linking up to Plum & June's Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link-up!  You do too!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you are going to the Sew South retreat. 1. Because I miss NC and 2. Because that would be amazing! I love, love, love your journal cover! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! I'll be posting about Sew South, so stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. Stopping over from Plum and June, belatedly! I love your journal cover, the fabrics are just gorgeous. And those baby bibs are sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and your kind words!

      Delete