Follow Me

Friday, February 6, 2015

The Best Set Intentions . . .

I had such hopes for last year . . . As you read in my 1 (yes, that's right, O-N-E) blog post!  Sigh . . .

But, it's a new year, and I did sew a lot last year, so I'll share some old and new stuff, okay?!

I made some shirts for my friend, Lee of May Chappell, All Shirts No Shoes swap!  We used Carolyn Friedlander's Shirts pattern.  Lee has another swap going on now.  You should sign up!


3 shirts I sent in for the swap
I finished up the Valentine's themed quilt made from Lee's Lazy Sunday pattern.  
I love how it turned out!  I bought a fleecy throw on sale at Target and backed it with that!  So warm!

I also made some travel pillowcases for my husband, myself and my in-laws for our cruise last March.  These were clutch for the drive down to Jacksonville!  I was set up with my pillow and my quilt!

My SURMA group decided to do a small swap for those of us that didn't go to Sew South last year.  I drew Lee's name and made Noodlehead's Cargo Duffle for her; ok, really for her dog, Mack the Chihuahua.  I used some Chihuahua fabric for the lining and the front pocket flaps!  Mochi dots and Essex Linen in Natural and Comma Swing in Mustard round out my fabric choices.  I ended up using webbing for the handles and accenting them with the Mochi dot fabric.




Here is a pic with Mack the Chihuahua posing with his new bag!

I also went to The Stash Bash last year and I'm happy to say, I'm returning again this year!
My SURMA friends, Tessa (The Sewing Chick), Lee and Melissa also went.  We had a blast!

I worked on the SURMA center in my possession, which was Lee's.  I finished up the paper pieced border and sent it on to Sarah (Stitching and Bacon) to add her border.  Hopefully (finger's crossed) we'll be getting these finished up this year!   



I'm in the Believe Circle of do.goodstitches and for my quilting month, I had my beemates make Scottie blocks with bowties in yellow, green and pink.  It turned out so great!  I made the back and made bones blocks to go with 2 extra scottie dogs!  This is on my current TO DO list to get it quilted and bound!
Look at my cute hubby poking out from behind the curtain!



One of the big things I did this year was make 2 quilts for my parents in honor of their 50th wedding anniversary!  I used Lee's Lazy Sunday pattern for both of these quilts and made them twin sized.  

For my dad's quilt, I used Road 15 from Sweetwater.  He's a retired Driver's Ed teacher and I thought the theme was perfect for him.  And I happen to LOVE Sweetwater and this line in particular!




For my mom's, I used Briar Rose from Heather Ross.  The strawberries remind me of my grandmother and I knew my mom would love that and the sweet mama and baby frog hanging by the pond!

They were both so tickled and I was so happy to be able to give them something that honored such a tremendous event in these days and times!

And with that, I think I'll do another post with some other finishes I had last year!

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment